Sweeper Back-up Blade Installation To How-To Instructions >
Back-up Blade Installation
- Lay sweeper blade down with the flat side facing up.
- Mark the center line of the blade.
- Mark 3” from each end of the longest part of the blade.
- Measure 1-5/8” up from the bottom of the blade (the aluminum part, not the rubber) at both end marks and the centerline mark.
- Check the holes on the back-up blades against these marks for alignment and adjust the marks if necessary.
- Drill 1/8” pilot hole, then drill 3/16” hole. Tap hole ¼ -20.
- Attach back-up blade to sweeper blade with ¼-20 x ½” long bolts and ¼” flat washer.
- Apply Loctite 271 thread locker to bolt threads.
- Tighten bolts until they are flush with the side of the blade. This will leave the Back-up blade enough room to move up and down freely.
- Adjust the
bolt height if necessary.