Deadman Switch Rebuild Instructions To How-To Instructions >
Deadman Switch Rebuild Instructions
- Purchase a Deadman Switch Repair Kit from SAFE Systems, P/N 6911-0020.
- Remove back plate on the Deadman switch body by removing four (4) phillips head screws. You can see the back of the switch.
- Loosen strain relief curly item only. This allows the wire to move freely.
- Unscrew rubber trigger boot that is located around the "bat" of the switch.
- Remove wire spade connections at the back of the switch from the switch. Remember where the spade connectors go on the switch.
- Remove hex nut holding the switch to the deadman switch body.
- Remove switch from the deadman switch body and replace with a new one.
- Screw on the new hex nut to the newly installed switch.
- Reattach the wire spade connections at the back of the switch from the switch.
- Screw on the new rubber trigger boot around the "bat" of the new switch.
- Replace the gasket around the back plate.
- Reinstall the back plate with new phillips head screws.